Cruise Ship Accidents Require a Knowledgeable Personal Injury Lawyer
courtesy of Shutterstock
Due to wet surfaces, proximity to other passengers, easily-overlooked safety concerns and many other factors, it is very possible to suffer an injury while traveling on a cruise liner. When someone does, they may find that pursing compensation is impeded by a number of different obstacles, including liability restrictions, jurisdiction limitations and maritime law considerations.
If you have been hurt on a cruise, then the time to seek proper legal counsel is now. The team at The Law Offices of Gerald L. Marcus is now working with a proven, experienced Los Angeles cruise ship accident attorney who is ready to assess your case, explore legal options and determine the best course of action to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Cruise ship injuries are not like usual premises liability or "slip and fall" cases. Because they take place at sea - and that many cruise liner operators anticipate possible passenger injury - there are different factors to consider when an injury occurs.
If you have been hurt on a cruise, you should consider the following:
• Your ticket is considered a contract with the cruise operator and usually limits their liability in the case of an accident. It will likely detail other agreements, like the statute of limitations to file an injury claim and where they should be filed.
• Cruise ships are "common carriers." This means they must adhere to stringent safety standards.
• Maritime law applies. That means common carriers must show "due care" to ship conditions relevant to passenger safety.
• Injuries caused by ship employees could hold the operator liable. These injuries commonly hold the cruise operator liable and not the individual worker. Some exceptions, like the cruise medical staff, may apply.
• While these additional considerations can be complex and intimidating, they can be handled properly by an experienced and proven cruise ship accident attorney. One way in which these cases do not differ from other personal injury cases: Negligence must be sought out, emphatically put forth, and proven in court.
The Law Offices of Gerald L. Marcus have more than 25 years of experience fighting for compensation for their clients and, over that time, have recovered millions of dollars on their behalf.
The Law Offices of Gerald L. Marcus 296-2992
Valencia Grad Pens Job Market Book, Hits #1 on Kindle
Jake Kelfer, a Valencia High and USC graduate, is a lifestyle entrepreneur who aims to inspire people on their journey to personal success and happiness. His first book, "Elevate Beyond," provides a framework for gaining an advantage in work and life. It's a real-world guide to standing out in any job market, discovering your passion and becoming your own person. The book opened as the #1 New Release in Career Development & Vocational Guidance for Kindle and #2 in paperback.